One starting point might be to clarify what cyber security is intended to achieve. For instance, taking the objectives of the UK’s National Cyber Security Strategy (defending systems, data and serviceLearn More
Digital Trust & Security
Theme Lead: Professor Emma Barrett
As Cyber Security threats become more pervasive across research areas, it becomes more important for all disciplines to provide their valuable insight to the discussion.
At the University of Manchester we undertake research in a wide range of areas vital to Cyber Security including Cryptography, Data Analytics, Distributed Systems and Networking, Threats and Intrusion and Engineering Verification as well as in the political and legal aspects such as digital forensics and linguistics, social science, safeguarding national engineering infrastructures and more .We also have a strong track record in Policy Aspects of Cyber Security including data security and privacy and in Human Factors.
The Objectives of the University of Manchester Digital Trust and Security community are:
- Raising awareness of Cyber Security work across the University and opportunities for interdisciplinary research collaboration.
- Raising awareness of funding opportunities for Cyber Security work and supporting the development of interdisciplinary research proposals.
- Encouraging development of interdisciplinary teaching programmes in Cyber Security.
- Facilitating relevant accreditation of the University's cyber security research and teaching.
- To secure the position of the University of Manchester as a powerhouse of interdisciplinary cyber security research and teaching.
- To achieve relevant accreditation of the University’s cyber security research and teaching.
- To provide informative and authoritative commentary on cyber security issues.
- To raise awareness of Cyber Security work across the University and facilitate collaboration.
- To raise awareness of funding opportunities for Cyber Security work across the University and facilitate the development of proposals for interdisciplinary collaborative research.
Developing External Links:
To establish and maintain the University of Manchester as an exemplar of collaboration and cooperation on Cyber Security with local, national, and international external organisations(including other universities with leading cyber security research, NCSC, city-region organisations and industry).