Colleagues from across the University in interdisciplinary roles including Institute and Beacon Managers, BE and Comms and Marketing, met virtually to hear updates and discuss synergies from colleagues in areas relating to interdisciplinary activity at UoM.
Sarah Barton, Digital Futures and Sustainable Futures Strategy and Operations Manager, updated the group on recent and forthcoming activities across the platforms, including a recent cross theme event between the Citizens and Government and Digital Trust and Security themes to launch the Democracy@Risk report, a forthcoming event to engage the University’s Fellows, including Presidential Research Fellows and externally-funded fellows, in the range of Digital Futures themes (23rd Sept), and the external launch of the new Sustainable Futures platform (20th October). Sarah also mentioned the Corporate Communications team’s ‘Climate Questions’ campaign, which is launching this week and includes the exciting Manchester Festival of Climate Action 11-14th October. Please contact email@example.com for more information about DF and SF initiatives.
Interdisciplinary updates from the group included:
- Anne-Marie Nugnes, Manager of Creative Manchester, on the platform’s collaborative events across academia and within cultural institutions, including a soft launch later this year and an event for Black History Month. Register to receive Creative Manchester updates here.
- Lynda Mcintosh, Research Communications and Marketing, updated on the forthcoming Research Communications update events. Contact Lynda for more information.
- Vicky Taylor-Plane, Corporate Campaigns Manager, updated on the Russell Group campaign to celebrate universities’ contributions to wider communities. Contact Vicky for more information.
- Rachel Kenyon, Business Engagement Manager, on a recent BE event on placemaking. Contact Rachel for more information.
- Fiona Treacy, Research Community Engagement Officer on The Research Lifecycle Programme which is currently trying to gauge demand for a University social media data archive and analysis tools. Survey: Complete here.
If you would like copies of any of the presentations from this event or from previous events (list on request), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to join this bi-monthly interdisciplinary network, please contact Sarah Barton.