Transport for Greater Manchester Open Data Workshop - GMDataHive
Time: 13.00 - 17.00
Venue: Alan Turing Building, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PL
Sorry, this event has now ended.
Transport for Greater Manchester is working to improve the data of more than 1,000 traffic signals across the region as part of a new project. GMDataHive is a Department for Transport funded initiative, in partnership with the Transport Research Laboratory, which will release Greater Manchester’s Urban Traffic Control (UTC) data to local developers, data scientists and academics.
The data can be used to increase the quality and reliability of travel information, as well as to reduce fuel consumption, congestion and air pollution. It can also improve safety based on vehicle flows and driver behaviour.
TfGM want to actively engage with developers to understand their needs and to maximise the use of the data. We want to better understand data user needs, opening up data with a more user driven approach. This, in turn, will shape the future of open data at TfGM and ultimately make travel easier in Greater Manchester.
- Introduction - an introduction to GMDataHive including Transport for Greater Manchester's motivation for the project, and what we hope to achieve by working with data users.
- An overview of data currently available through the TfGM Developer Portal
- Breakout 1 - What would make the existing available data easier or more attractive to work with?
- Breakout 2 - What potential new data-sets would be most useful and should be prioritised for development?
- Breakout 3 - Potential challenges and barriers such as data privacy, GDPR etc.
- Next steps - An overview of TfGM's plans for the project going forward, including future engagement events with data users, improvements to existing data sets and opening up new data.
Find out more and register here.