Sharing health and care records: designing IT systems around your local population's needs
Time: 09:00 - 16:30
Venue: Horizon Leeds, Kendall Street, Leeds, LS10 1JR
Sorry, this event has now ended.
Having the ability to share health and care records digitally is essential to offering better, more co-ordinated care for local populations. But delivering the key benefits requires three things: the appropriate technology, the right governance structure and a culture of adoption. This conference explores the different models that have been developed over the past few years and provides you with the opportunity to learn how local areas are overcoming these challenges.
This King's Fund event will look at the direction of national programmes on interoperability and data sharing, hear from case studies from around England, and discuss the challenges involved in implementing data sharing across and between local areas.
- Will Smart (Chief Information Officer, NHS England)
- Nicola Quinn (Project Manager, Health Informatics Unit, Royal College of Physicians)
- Professor Maureen Baker (Chair, Professional record Standards Body)
- Jan Hoogewerf (Programme Manager, Health Informatics Unit, Royal College of Physicians)
- Martin Severs (Medical Director and Caldicott Guardian, NHS Digital)
Also hear from Health Innovation Manchester's Sarah Thew (Innovation and User Experience Manager) who will be discussing the DataWell Exchange Platform for Greater Manchester.