Time: 13:00 - 17:00
Venue: Room D45a, Sackville Street Building, The University of Manchester
Sorry, this event has now ended.
Robotics@Manchester is a new initiative that aims to bring together the University of Manchester's diverse activity in robotics research.
A workshop will be held on Thursday 6th September for all University of Manchester staff interested in robotics research. The workshop will include brief presentations from academics involved in robotics research from across the University and group discussions. The aim of the workshop is to:
i) achieve a shared awareness of the strengths and complementarity of the various projects and areas of specialisation
ii) foster collaboration among staff from different schools and faculties
iii) discuss ideas for the future UoM robotics strategy and plans for internal and external visibility of UoM robotics research.
13:00 - 14:30 Presentations (5 minutes each)
14:30 - 15:00 Refreshment Break
15:00 - 15:30 Continuation of presentations
15:30 - 16:15 Group discussions
16:15 - 17:00 Discussion feedback & close
- Angelo Cangelosi: Cognitive robotics and human-robot interaction
- Barry Lennox: Overview of nuclear robotics
- Simon Watson: Offshore robotics and HOME
- William Crowther: Aerial robotics
- Nick Smith and Philip Martin: Photonics and the link to robotics (TORONE project)
- Alexandru Stancu: Probabilistic SLAM
- Joaquin Carrasco Gomez: Robot manipulation research
- Andy Weightman: Rehabilitation robotics
- Gavin Brown: Machine learning and robotics (e.g. RAIN CS sub-projects)
- Mikel Lujan: ATP and robotics research (e.g. RAIN sub-projects)
- Ross King: Robotics and biotechnology research
- Andreas Freitas: Robots and dialog
- Katie Twomey: Developmental robotics for psychology
- Mostafa Nabawy: Micro-robotic research
If you work at the University of Manchester and you are interested in the event please register using the button below.