Manchester Connected Health Ecosystem
Time: 12:30 - 16:30
Venue: Citylabs, Nelson St, Manchester M13 9NQ
Sorry, this event has now ended.
‘Technology promoting physical activity & healthier lifestyles’
The next meeting of the Manchester Connected Health Ecosystem will take place on Thursday 28th July, with a focus on how to best utilise technology to promote physical activity and healthier lifestyles.
A key plank of the Health & Social Care devolution agenda, improving the physical and mental wellbeing of residents across the City region through ensuring access to relevant information, services and support is vital. As outlined in the recently released 'Taking Charge' report from the GMH&SC devolution team, taking part in regular physical activity is key to preventing ill health and improving mental wellbeing.
How can we help residents access the right facilities and support to begin making healthier lifestyle choices, overcome barriers to participation, and encourage the adoption of effective strategies at scale?
- Carmel Dickinson (Programme Manager, Manchester Informatics)
- Liz Ashall-Payne (International Outreach Coordinator, ECHAlliance)
- Naomi McVey (Community Lead, @WeAHPs; Programme Manager, AHP Workforce, Health Education England NW )
- Wendy Meredith (Greater Manchester Director of Population Health Transformation)
- Jane Pilkington (Head of Public Health Commissioning, NHS Greater Manchester Area Team)
Our speakers will be updating delegates on the work being done by the GM Health & Social Care Devolution team, and the findings of their recent ‘Get Manchester Active’ campaign.
In a complementary initiative the CityVerve IoT demonstrator will support long term behaviour changes to increase physical activity among the less active. We’ll be updating you on this initiative and the opportunities for engagement.
Further details of the afternoon session will follow via our website & twitter feed (@Man_Inf), but make sure you register your place today!