Healthy cities: how to achieve a healthy population in an urban environment
Time: 08:30 - 16:00
Venue: Horizon Leeds, LS10 1JR
Sorry, this event has now ended.
Now is the first time in human history that more people live in cities that in rural areas, so how does this affect our health?
Come along to this one-day event to find out how living in cities offers both advantages and risks for health, and how health and care systems can respond to these challenges.
The day will feature a number of talks including a look at the devolution of health care in Leeds, Manchester and London:
Devolution: a tale of three cities
Leeds, Manchester, London: these cities have all given devolution top priority in their public health agendas. In the first session at Healthy cities, hear from three senior executives on their efforts to localise decision-making.
This event offers the opportunity to discover the lessons they've learnt so far and they'll share how to:
- prepare for the passing of power from central government to city councils
- integrate health and care services
- unlock opportunities for prevention and estates
- tackle a diverse population's health problems
- give local people the power to take charge of their own health and wellbeing