Time: 08.00 - 17.00
Venue: QEII Centre, London
Sorry, this event has now ended.
Govtech 2019 brings together a community of experts who are successfully navigating the changing technological landscape. Taking place on the 2nd of October at the QEII Centre, London. In partnership with the Government Digital Service, this interactive one-day event is an opportunity to gain understanding of emerging technology and its Impact on the public sector with the purpose of making organisations aware of digital transformation and changing policy.
Key Topics will Include:
- Creating a Digital Academy to deliver best practice teaching in preparation for emerging technology.
- The changing future of IT roles in line with the implementation of new technologies and policies such as AI and Robotics.
- Looking at the establishment of a centre for Strengthening the way data and AI are used and regulated for public services.
- How we can support and build on best practice from public bodies and businesses to get the most out of tech.
- Promoting trust in emerging technologies by understanding citizens priorities and fears surrounding data driven technologies.
- How we can empower decision makers to make the best possible policy decisions for the economy and industry.
- Looking at how we can secure collaboration between the public, private and voluntary sectors; Building best practice in bridging the gap between knowing the challenge and knowing the technology
- International Case studies such as the launch of the ‘Hack the Pentagon’ programme; engaging ethical hackers to discover and disclose vulnerability to the Department of Defence.
Speakers on the day include:
- Julian David, CEO, Tech UK
- Sue Bateman, Deputy Director for Innovation and Policy, Government Digital Service
- Roger Taylor, Chair, The Centre for Data Ethics and Innovation
- Julie Meloni, Former Director of Product and Strategy, United States Digital Service
- Marloes Pomp, Project Manager: Blockchain and AI Experiments, Dutch Blockchain Coalition
- Lord Clement-Jones CBE, Co-Chair, The All Parliamentary Group on Artificial Intelligence
- Salima Benhamou PhD, Economist, France Strategie: Prime Minister’s Office
Discover the Full Programme Here: https://govtechglobal.co.uk
Subsidised places are available - 1 Place: £129 + VAT, 2 + Places: £99 + VAT. Contact Brogan for more details.