GM Ecosystem: Deploying Digital Interventions in Care Homes- GM’s Response to Covid-19
Time: 15:00 - 16:30
Venue: Virtual - Zoom
Sorry, this event has now ended.
The situation in care homes remains critical, with the battle against the coronavirus epidemic in North West care homes ongoing. The University of Manchester's Digital Futures, Health Innovation Manchester and digital tech company Safe Steps discuss Greater Manchester’s response to Covid-19, and the latest innovation for care homes which will offer better visibility for clinicians and care workers on elderly residents who are at risk.
The event will present on the use of digital healthcare systems in Greater Manchester in response to Covid-19; and the development and roll-out of the Covid-19 symptoms tracker. We will also be showcasing the work of industry partners assisting us with digital health applications.
Online attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions to the panel of speakers as part of the event which will be chaired by Digital Futures Health and Care theme lead, Professor Niels Peek.
1. Introduction: Niels Peek
2. Digital Care Homes - Safe Steps COVID-19 Symptom Tracker
Overview of the development and roll-out of the tracker from a:
• Health system perspective - Jay Hamilton
• Clinical perspective - Dr Saif Ahmed
• Academic perspective - Nicky Cullum
• Supplier perspective - James Chapman
3. Update on GM’s Digital Response to Covid-19: Guy Lucchi
How the use of digital is helping to manage responses to Covid-19 and to enable better patient care. Focus on the GM Care Record and impact to date.
4. NHSX AI in Health & Care call: Lloyd Gregory & Arjun Sikand
5. Industry Partner Showcase: Azad Dehghan
Overview of DeepCognito's work focused on bridging the gap between research and industry
6. Event Close and Final Thoughts: Niels Peek