Digital Twins, new innovative models for urban planning and environmental management
Time: 12.00 - 13.00
Venue: 1.010, Roscoe Building, University of Manchester, M13 9PL
Sorry, this event has now ended.
Introduced by Dave Carter, Honorary Knowledge Exchange Fellow, Planning and Environmental Management and Co-Lead, Smart and Sustainable Cities, Manchester Urban Institute.
Simon Mabey has been developing digital services working within the Architecture, Engineering, Construction and Design sector for over 28 years. This workshop provides a unique opportunity to share this experience with anyone interested in how digital services can transform planning and environmental management, including through the use of Digital Twins. This is particularly relevant to those of us working on smart/future cities issues.
This workshop aims to be interactive sharing lessons learned as well as the challenges being faced. It will include:
- City Modelling – in the region, nationally and international
- Key challenges for cities and neighbourhood
- The potential value for local authorities and city regions
- Liverpool case study – work in progress on adoption and lessons learned
- Key challenges for implementing Digital Twins
- Making the case for the first steps