CarpentryConnect Manchester 2019
Time: 09:00 - 17:00
Venue: thestudio, 51 Lever Street and Kilburn Building, Oxford Road
In affiliation with The Carpentries, the Software Sustainability Institute are organising the first European CarpentryConnect event in Manchester from 25th - 27th June 2019 in collaboration with the Cathie Marsh Institute for Social Research and with support from Manchester’s Data Science Institute.
- Increasing the sustainability of scientific software and research through training
- Good teaching practices in research computing
- Tools and resources for education of researchers in computing
- Lesson/curricula development (working on existing curricula or establishing completely novel domain-specific materials)
- Other topics relating to The Carpentries community or delivering training in research software: e.g. building a local carpentry group/community at research institutions or bringing the Carpentries curriculum to universities, finding funding or making a case with the senior management at your institution.
Third day of the conference will be dedicated to hands-on/hack sessions and workshops.
Call for Proposals
Call for proposals is currently open.